Saturday, December 27, 2008

Life's clock

These past 2 days have been surreal. Christmas day my Uncle went to the ER as he could not breathe and was diagnosed with lung cancer, shaking my head, then this morning my Dad called me to tell me my Mom had a small stroke in the middle of the night, frowning and shaking my head. I have not known a family member that had cancer like this and it is very frightening. I talked with him today and he is very upbeat, close to God and ready to go. He has about a year or less to live. Very freaky. He has accepted the news and he wants us all to. You know you really are never prepared for any news like this. I also talked to my Mom and she just wants to go home. She is not a good patient at all. I feel helpless, I can't just fly or drive there. I also start my new job on the 5th. So I will just pray and hope for the best. Hoping that maybe the clock will continue to tick for these 2 dear family members for as long as possible. It just makes me think about how to handle my finances for 2009 so I will hopefully be able to replenish my savings that I had to use while unemployed. When you don't have any access to funds you feel strapped, stranded, inadequate. It is true to live today like it will be your last, enjoy everyday as much as possible. I just feel like the hamster in the wheel, trying to get ahead as fast as I can. For now, I am sad, but I know I have to be strong for my Brother and Dad. So if you all out there in blogland can keep my family in your thoughts and prayers, I would appreciate it.

Remember: Don't sweat the small stuff, life's too short.

3 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

I will keep you all in my prayers. Will you please pray, too, for the family of a little 3-year-old girl who passed away on Christmas Day when her mother brought her to the E.R. for an asthma attack. Such sadness for such a happy time of year... I hope your mom recovers quickly.

♥ Kathy said...

Bless your heart =( you and your family will most definitely be in my prayers. I know what you're going through. When I was a teenager my favorite uncle was diagnosed with lung cancer. He put up a good fight, then one night he told the doctors he wanted to go home. He signed the papers saying he didn't hold the hospital responsible, went home and passed away in his bed. It was what he wanted. I hope your mother AND uncle do well with their recoveries. You are in my thoughts. Love, Kathy

Anne said...

I am so sorry to hear about your uncle and mom. I will keep them in my prayers for sure. Take care.