Saturday, November 1, 2008

Is there life after a job layoff?

Hello People - It has now been 2.5 weeks since I lost my job, bummer. Things look a little more scarier today than the first week. I have not been able to find work within my field, mortgage industry, just like so many others in this same field. I spend a lot of time trying to figure out what else I can do. My boys asked me the first week how we would pay for things. Of course I reassured them that things would be ok. That is so "momly" isn't it. I am taking the real estate course to become a licensed real estate agent. Something I've wanted to do for a while now. This appears to be a great time to do this since there are many homes to be sold and many more to come. I would really like to try many things that I've wanted to and hope that I can. I hear my Parents voice in my head, in a negative tone, not to do something different. Maybe I only perceive it as "negative" since I am the kid. Kids seem to view things their Parents say much differently than possibly the way it really was meant to be. So I may have taken it negatively and they didn't mean it that way. I think this is where the term "generation gap" came from. Anyway, I just may be burned out in this industry I've been in for 25 yrs. It is time to do something different. I feel I would excel and be able to earn more money. The hope and thought that we might be able to do something different to earn money to live on always brings happiness to me. We have so many opportunities and many of us never take advantage of them. I don't want to be in my 60's or 70's and wonder how I would have done if I stepped out of the box I've been in for years. I am learning how to "not" listen to the voice of my Parents in my head and go with my gut. I am a smart person and yearn for more life!

So be sure to remember: Go after all your dreams, the sooner the better

No comments: